nicholsdax

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicksfast » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:03 pm

busta and dax you guys are too damn cool ! WOW
nicksfast

Postby Busta Move » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Is that all you got? What a bore!

Hey, I saw a huge tank full of bass at the bass pro on Sycamore view.
You guys should fish that!
I spend all my money on bike parts and beer. The rest I just waste!
Busta Move

Postby nicholsdax » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 am

Kick his ass sea bass!
nicholsdax

Postby Frankie Figs » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:29 pm

nicholsdax wrote:Yeah if you guys want to chat about killing animals why don't you go to some hunting forum. This one is to talk about the trail network and biking.

Not trying to stir anything up there figs. Just voicing my opinion as you are. That is all

Instead of responding I decided I would just copy your response from another thread Dax. Replace figs with Dax and I think that about covers it.

Thanks.
Frankie Figs

Postby nicholsdax » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Awh puddin you feel better now.
nicholsdax

Postby SteveK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am

Is there such a thing as “catch and release” with deer, like they do with fish?

Capture all the Shelby County deer and take them to Arkansas and Mississippi to keep them off our Tennessee roadways.

(My co-worker’s wife almost got killed hitting a deer Saturday on Hwy 64.)
"Stay Thirsty, my friends"
SteveK

Postby Larry_K » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:59 pm

SteveK wrote:(My co-worker’s wife almost got killed hitting a deer Saturday on Hwy 64.)

Yikes,

A woman did actually get killed in TN recently when a car in front of her hit a deer and bounced up and came through her windshield. A friend of my wife hit a moose (up in New Hampshire) last year. Needless to say it totalled her car, luckily she didn't get seriously injured.
Larry_K

Postby nicksfast » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 am

Busta Move wrote:Is that all you got? What a bore!

Not at all , just refuse to play your stupid little prick games .

Cool thing is the gates that will be going up soon will have yours and Dax name on it , so everyone can thank you . =D>
Last edited by nicksfast on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksfast

Postby 111tmoney111 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:48 am

nicksfast wrote:

Cool thing is the gates that will be going soon will have yours and Dax name on it , so everyone can thank you . =D>

I sure hope all the unneeded comments was worth it guys. I certainly won't thank you if they gate off that area.
111tmoney111

Postby SteveK » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Gates???? Merry Christmas everyone. :(
"Stay Thirsty, my friends"
SteveK

Postby Jrkimbrough » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm sure it was in their master plan anyways.....

1) Trick group of mountain bikers to build a bridge for us to drive our four wheelers across, making them think that we are building it for them while we laugh all the way home for the free labor and supplies.
2) Later on after we trick said mountain bikers, gate off the area and blame it on two comments that someone made on the interweb just to show that we don't play and we are bada$$es.

Gotta love the spoiled rich kid/kindergarten/brat mentality of someone who loves to dish it out but can't take it in return.

I 100% respect the fact that you have private property and you don't want anyone trespassing on it during hunting season, however the way you have come on here pushing your weight around hasn't been in a very compromising manner the way you make yourself out to be.

I am utterly blown away that you think you can deer hunt in the middle in one of the country's largest urban parks and not have any conflict at all with the trail users. It's quite laughable the way you come on here and accuse anyone and everyone of purposely trespassing on "your" property. If you were in the middle of the country, I could see it, but like I've already said....you are in the middle of the city right next to a trail system that many think is owned by the park/city/county/whatever.

I know many outdoorsmen that I respect but you are not one of them.......the comment alone about scaring someone from the sound of a "big bore rifle" is a huge no no from anyone that knows anything about hunting and gun safety.

You might want to check out this link and expand your vocabulary. It might help you be a better citizen, outdoorsman, property owner, husband, father, businessman and just a better person in general.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Compromise

This is all I have to say. Good luck with your little man syndrome!
Jrkimbrough

Postby nicksfast » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 pm

JR , might be best for you to stay out of it . We have met many nice bike riders and have had many great adult conversations here . you need to be venting on the few that will ruin it for all of you . Your not helping the case here
Last edited by nicksfast on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksfast

Postby nicksfast » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:06 pm

111tmoney111 wrote:
nicksfast wrote:

Cool thing is the gates that will be going soon will have yours and Dax name on it , so everyone can thank you . =D>

I sure hope all the unneeded comments was worth it guys. I certainly won't thank you if they gate off that area.

=D> , glad to see some people get it
nicksfast

Postby nicksfast » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Jr, Compromise.... wow . Lets get it straight ...# 1 . its private property and posted but we compromised and say use it under our conditions
#2 We have supplied 100's of man hours to at my personal expense plus materials to work on this area.

#3 This area was hunted for the last 30 years by poachers with big bore rifles in a non organized unsafe manner .

#4 We dont use that bridge as we have a crossing much closer , that donation was to provide a safe dry way around the east side / blue trail

i think its pretty clear who the problem people are . DAX is still mad i posted his pic off the trail camera . he was clearly off the white trail doing who knows what

We have compromised all along but its few stupid ones that are comprimising this
this is not a deer hunting debate nor is it a trail riding debate . i am very sure that there are better places to ride your bikes . we hunt here for the very same reason you ride here . Regardless of what we do here its still doesnt change the properties " posted / private status "

Wonder why they call you JR ???? lol

quote " I am utterly blown away that you think you can deer hunt in the middle in one of the country's largest urban parks and not have any conflict at all with the trail users. It's quite laughable the way you come on here and accuse anyone and everyone of purposely trespassing on "your" property. If you were in the middle of the country, I could see it, but like I've already said....you are in the middle of the city right next to a trail system that many think is owned by the park/city/county/whatever.

" this thread is over 12 months old , signs have been posted clearly at every enterance . ... Ignorance is no excuse . there are many tracts of property with this same setup in shelby county/ city limits and the owners of these have a zero tolerance policy during hunting season .
fyi ... not everyone has been accused of this
keep your facts straight or stay off the thread please , this is for mature responsible adults .
nicksfast

PreviousNext

Return to General Trail Information