Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby batwings » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I hate getting involved in all of this, but the private property keeps coming up. According to the shelby county assessors office the trail along the river is not private property at all. Also it appears the land east of the lake is also not private property. So before any gates are built I hope a survey is conducted to disprove the assessors office.
Attachments
hunters land.jpg
hunters land.jpg (580.95 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
I break things.
User avatar
batwings
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Mark T » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 am

They just want people to stay OFF their land during hunting season... :roll: Just how hard is that ? A 200 yard trail that connects the Blue and Yellow trails....go around.....
The Biker Formerly Known as Spclays1.....
User avatar
Mark T
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 am
Location: Memphis

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicksfast » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:06 am

batwings , you need to stay out of it . its clearly not that with paper work to support it
nicksfast
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicksfast » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:09 am

Mark T wrote:They just want people to stay OFF their land during hunting season... :roll: Just how hard is that ? A 200 yard trail that connects the Blue and Yellow trails....go around.....


Mark apparently for some people is real hard . i must say Mark has been great to work with and has help everyone on this .

all bs aside , this statement sums it up
nicksfast
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Jrkimbrough » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 am

#1 I stay off your land. Haven't ridden anywhere near it in months. Prob. only ridden the WRT 5 times this year.

#2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Kimbrough

#3 It is private land, but you are still a bully.
User avatar
Jrkimbrough
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Senatobia, MS

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby mattfatlander » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 am

nicksfast wrote:batwings , you need to stay out of it . its clearly not that with paper work to support it


if I understand right, the area of greatest concern (i.e. the section people need to avoid crossing/traversing) is the trail directly to the south of the borrow pit that connects the yellow and blue. I know there's a map earlier in the thread, but I just wanted to check here for the sake of redundancy and accuracy.

Is that right?
I can't wait until the next time I get to ride my bike
mattfatlander
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:41 pm
Location: in the saddle

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Mark T » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 am

mattfatlander wrote:
nicksfast wrote:batwings , you need to stay out of it . its clearly not that with paper work to support it


if I understand right, the area of greatest concern (i.e. the section people need to avoid crossing/traversing) is the trail directly to the south of the borrow pit that connects the yellow and blue. I know there's a map earlier in the thread, but I just wanted to check here for the sake of redundancy and accuracy.

Is that right?



This is correct =D>
The Biker Formerly Known as Spclays1.....
User avatar
Mark T
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 am
Location: Memphis

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby mattfatlander » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:54 am

Mark T wrote:
mattfatlander wrote:
nicksfast wrote:batwings , you need to stay out of it . its clearly not that with paper work to support it


if I understand right, the area of greatest concern (i.e. the section people need to avoid crossing/traversing) is the trail directly to the south of the borrow pit that connects the yellow and blue. I know there's a map earlier in the thread, but I just wanted to check here for the sake of redundancy and accuracy.

Is that right?



This is correct =D>


no problem. Got it.
I can't wait until the next time I get to ride my bike
mattfatlander
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:41 pm
Location: in the saddle

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicksfast » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:48 pm

=D>, thanks Matt for asking . this is the way this thread was intended to work

JR ....
" #3 It is private land, but you are still a bully. " not at first but when pushed i will do WHATEVER is nec at any cost to stop the nonsense , SO IF THATS CALLED BULLYING , THEN I AM GOOD WITH IT ..))))))
nicksfast
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Busta Move » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:10 pm

The issue is not that we are going on the land! I don't ride anything but the yellow trail on that side, which Mr. Pearce DOES NOT OWN!!! In fact, looking at the maps, I question that Pearce owns the land where the new bridge was installed.

The issue most people have with the hunting is that Shelby Farms Park is a 4,500 acre park, much of which lies in the Lucius Burch Natural Area. In effect, the park is a preserve/refuge with no hunting allowed anywhere. The park is owned by the citizens of Shelby County and I don't believe anyone has a right to hunt along its boundary, just because they own 15 acres out of 4,500.

Furthermore, where is the sport in building food plots to chum up deer from a protected area, just because they own a few acres on the edge of the natural area.

Obviously, Nick feels bad about what they are doing or he wouldn't let us to continue to rent space in his head about it. He seems to check this site every hour. Guilty conscience?

Nick and his friends have no respect for the conservation efforts of Selby Farms Park. I wish they would just concentrate on their leased land out towards Grey's creek. I have no issue with killing deer, but hunting inside a protected area is totally bogus and uncool, at the very least!
I spend all my money on bike parts and beer. The rest I just waste!
User avatar
Busta Move
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:59 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Jrkimbrough » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 pm

The only exercise some people ever get is running their mouths! :mrgreen:

Have a nice day, internet tough guy!
User avatar
Jrkimbrough
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Senatobia, MS

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicholsdax » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I will state again that I have never trespassed on his property. Nick you don't even know what I look like so how the hell do you think you have a picture of me. I'm with several other comments in here. I respect private property it is your tone and how your going about it. I agree I haven't been very grown up with some of my comments but hey it's my way of getting to you. I have grown up on these trails for 20 plus years and spent plenty of time and effort to help maintain them also. If you have this picture of me like you say you do then grow a pair of balls and post it because I can't wait to laugh when it's not me. I personally don't hunt I like to fish as some of my previous comments state. I don't have a problem with hunters either. Just the irresponsible ones. Oh and the ones that don't kill the deer and let them run around with arrows hanging out of them because they can't aim. I'm not gonna kiss your ass because you donated a bridge. I don't need to ride it either because I don't go that way. I have not in several years. Anyway back to the grind. Blah blah
nicholsdax
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby Damian B » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 am

Nicksfast, while I appreciate the fact that you donated materials for the bridge (and you can look - I did say thank you back then), I really hope that you're not putting up a gate just because someone ragged on you on the Internet.
Damian B
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:35 pm
Location: Cordova

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicksfast » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 am

No worries damian , for all of those that have help ... thanks for your help


Dax your pics are on this site ... with your tats it wouldnt be hard to id you
nicksfast
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Wolf River Trails - Winter 2011 changes

Postby nicholsdax » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 am

Obiviously you don't have a picture of me on your property or you would have posted it. Just because you found a picture of me on this forum dosent mean you have proof of me on your property. Waiting,come on fella post it! And if you really think your that bad ass why don't I meet you at the trails and show you how to really ride a bike there city boy.
nicholsdax
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Trail Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron