injured trail user on wrt

injured trail user on wrt

Postby dantheman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Brad,I hear we've had a trail user injured on wrt today between w.g. and summer. They were stretchered out. Any info?
dantheman

Re: injured trail user on wrt

Postby Brad C » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:02 pm

There was no communication with me. That would be normal unless SFP might need our help for something.

I know that several of the park rangers are more familiar with the trails than under past administrations.
TBB / The Count

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Brad C
Site Admin

Postby dantheman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:24 pm

OK. I heard they had to get to the person with a four Wheeler and had the trail closed for a bit. Don't know if it was a runner, biker,etc. I'm thinking that eroded spot on yellow before 3plank. Someone said th's tracks stopped there.
dantheman

Postby Brad C » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 am

I have a little more information on this. I did not ask about the type trail user though. As it happened, the person was found by a PARC patrol member who called in to the ranger phone for emergency response. They tried to use an off road capable mini ambulance but it could not make it. They then used a park ATV to retrieve the injured person.

I sent Lead Ranger Drew some information on back country rescue equipment. The simplest is probably a trail wheel that can be attached to a standard litter to transport a patient.
TBB / The Count

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Brad C
Site Admin

Return to General Trail Information