2 projects we need to do

2 projects we need to do

Postby Brad C » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am

There are two trail projects we need to get on.

One is to complete what we started on the yellow trail. When I went to cut that tree I went in on levee 1 and turned right. That last 3/4 miles from where we left off with the mowing has some really sketchy places where the trail is falling into the river. It needs to be cut back away from the river.

The other is the short reroute at the arched bridge at Herbs. The standard recommendation for best safety is 2 bike lengths (12 feet) of straight approach to a bridge. In tight situations 1 bike length (6 feet) is acceptable. We need to get this done before the race. I also recommend taking out the now unneeded support we did to avoid having someone fall onto it. That is a liability for us now.
TBB / The Count

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Brad C
Site Admin

Re: 2 projects we need to do

Postby Memphis_Buckeye » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm already starting to have dreams of what a fast and straight approach to that bridge will be like... I see folks rocketing off that arch and getting some MAJOR air. This could be really cool...
"You can't believe everything you read on the internet." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Death before DNF!" ~Me
Memphis_Buckeye

Postby SteveK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm ready to work Herb this weekend. How long of an approach do we need?
"Stay Thirsty, my friends"
SteveK

Postby Brad C » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 pm

If I remember we did some scouting when we were planning the bridge replacement. I think we planned to cut off before the tree with the roots in the trail. Then make a wide sweeping turn and head for the bridge. We will have to look at it again though.
TBB / The Count

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Brad C
Site Admin

Postby SteveK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

I think I’ll go bushwhack that area this weekend and determine if and how many small bridges we might need.
"Stay Thirsty, my friends"
SteveK

Return to General Trail Information